Country Home Fun Fold
Fall is in full swing here in Indiana. The season change was somewhat bipolar this year. We were in the nineties a week ago and now in the mornings we are in the thirties. The swing has my sinuses screaming and my need to hibernate in full swing. Crafting takes up my free time and I love it, especially when it is so cold outside.
The Country Home stamp set is growing on me and this is the first of many cards I am making with it. My fun fold card was so fun to make and very easy, let me tell you how:
I started out with a regular folded Crumb Cake card base (5-1/2 x 4-1/4). I trimmed a 1/4″ off the right side. I gathered all my additional elements together and then I built my card.
- 1 Soft Suede mat for the inside, measuring 5-1/4 x 4″.
- 1 Whisper White piece to write my message on, measuring 5″ x 3-3/4″. I decorated that piece using stamps from the Falling for Leaves stamp set, in Blackberry Bliss and Gray Granite Classic Ink.
- 1 Soft Suede mat for the front of the card measuring 5″ x 3-3/4″ and embossed using our Tin Tile Dynamic Embossing Folder (Gasp! It’s amazing!)
- 1 Soft Suede ban to create the fun fold flap, measuring 1″ x 3-1/2″ and scored at 1″ to create the fun fold.
- 1 Blackberry Bliss piece measuring 2-3/4″ x 4-1/8″ for the front flap.
- 2 pieces of Whisper White measuring 4″ x 2-5/8″ for the front and the middle flaps.
That might seem like a lot of prep but I promise you it isn’t. Once you have all your pieces together you can start creating. I, of course, stamped my bucket and floral arrangement in Tuxedo Black and colored using my watercolor pencils. I stamped my other stamps just as I wanted them and I went to work assembling.
FIRST I adhered my 1″ ban to the base of my card, aligning it with the score marks and the soft suede mat. I use the Tear-n-Tape that Stampin’ Up! sells. I love it for anything that needs a strong bond. This is the only tricky part because you want to make sure it works properly. The rest of the card comes together piece by piece and very quickly. Snail adhesive will work fine on the rest of the card.
YOU ARE THE HAPPY TO MY DAY!
Is that not just the best sentiment? One of the reasons I said this stamp set it growing on me. I know several people I could use this for.
Overall, I made a very happy card, which also made my day happy. I hope you’ve enjoyed this card as much as I have and will try to recreate this fun fold yourself!
Have a happy day and I’ll see you soon!
If you’d like any of the supplies, to shop, or to get a catalog, please feel free to contact me, and of course you can shop now online Stampin Up! US directly through me by clicking the ‘shop now’ button above.
If shopping online remember to use the current hostess code (located at the top right of my blog) to help support me. If your order is more then $150 please do not use this code as you become the hostess and get the rewards. As always, I love hearing from you either by commenting here on this post or through email at: email@example.com.