Darling Cluth Purse Using Garden Lane DSP
There is a Stampin’ Up demonstrator in the UK, Sam Hammond, that creates these adorable packing ideas and I was inspired by a mini purse video she did.
Welcome to 3D Thursday and my Darling Cluth Purse Using Garden Lane Designer Series Paper.
I originally created this project last June when I did a whole week surrounding this DSP (designer series paper!) but like a lot of things, I never got around to blogging about it. The project is blog worthy and well that brings us to today…ha!
Recipe for creating the Purse:
- First I chose my cardstock meauring 6″ x 11″.
- Score on the LONG side at 1″, 5.25″, 6.25″, 10.5″. Still on the LONG Side, part score at 0.5″ & 5.75″. You just want to create a small crease. Refer to my picture reference.
- Next, turn your paper and score on the SHORT side at 0.5″, 1.5″, 4.5″, 4.75″.
- Decorate to your liking. I cut my DSP creating one at 1″ x 4″ and one at 1-5/8″ x 4″.
- Cut away the bits and then burnish all your score lines.
- I used Tear-n-Tape to secure a purse like this. It is strong and sturdy. It goes where I want it to and it will last. It allows me to make a few of these ahead of time – so that I can have them on hand for when I need them.
Garden Lane DSP
The Garden Lane DSP features verdant greenery and designs in lush shades.
I really love this DSP and it is so pretty to work with. I mean, just look at this color pallette.
This little clutch would make the perfect wrapping for a small gift like a necklace or gift card. It is also great for a treat like a piece of candy. You could give it to someone at a restaurant or leave it on a pillow. It closes with a velcro enclosure so there is no snagging and it is left clean.
I purchase my velcro on Amazon but any office supply store will have them. You can purchase any size you want and because they are budget friendly I always keep them on hand.
Sentiment on The Clutch
The sentiment on each clutch is different but my goal here was to keep it small. I used my Here’s A Card stamp set, in the annual catalog. It tends to be my go to – but these sentiments are perfect for this type of gift.
Thank you for stopping by today and checking out my darling little project. I hope it has inspired you to make a couple yourself. See you soon!!
If you’d like any of the supplies, to shop, or to get a FREE catalog, please feel free to contact me, and of course you can shop now online Stampin Up! US directly through me by clicking the ‘shop now’ button!
If shopping online remember to use the current hostess code (located at the top right of my blog) to help support me. If your order is more then $150 please do not use this code as you become the hostess and get the rewards. As always, I love hearing from you either by commenting here on this post or through email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.